Job offer is not the compulsory requirement for applying for the NSW 491 visa
NSW 491 no longer requires job offers for applicants who are offshore (outside of Australia)! The conditions for applying for NSW 491 can be met if the applicant has five years of skilled employment in the nominated occupation.
Applicant who wants to apply for NSW 491 must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a relevant occupation on a skilled occupation list;
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation;
- Satisfy the points test;
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of nomination;
- Have Competent English;
- Submit an Expression of Interest via SkillSelect;
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency, and
- Meet public interest criteria including health and character requirements
After meeting the above requirements and the following state nomination criteria, offshore applicants can be invited to apply for the visa:
- The nominated occupation is on the NSW Stream 2 Regional Skilled Occupation List, and
- Applicants are residing outside Australia, and;
- Having an offer for ongoing employment in a designated regional area in NSW, from an employer who is registered in Australia, and;
- the offer of employment is in your nominated, or a closely related occupation*, and;
- the offer of employment is for a minimum of 12 months and for 35 hours per week.
b. Having at least five years of skilled employment in your nominated occupation, or a closely related occupation
c. Having an immediate family member living in a designated regional area in NSW
In short, it is not compulsory for offshore applicants to have a job offer in designated regional area in NSW. The five years of skilled employment also can be adopted to apply for NSW 491.
In addition, Applications for NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) will open in mid January 2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require Australia migration advice or services, or if you would like to know more about the Business Innovation and Investment Program or Business Talent Program. Our team is ever willing to provide you with migration advice and support whenever you need it.